Monday, September 30, 2013

Hostess Gifts

My baby shower was this weekend and it turned out wonderful. I'll get to the actual shower in another post, but I wanted to show you the gifts I made for my hostesses. I saw this idea on Pinterest and really wanted to use it for my gifts. You can see the pin here. The recipe is for pomegranate sugar scrub. The directions did not give exact measurements on the recipe so I guesstimated WAY too much.

 There really wasn't much to making the scrub. I played with the soap and sugar in a large bowl until I got the right consistency and then plopped it in the jars. For 15 jars, I used around 5lbs. of sugar and even less soap.
I bought the jars at Hobby Lobby and they were the perfect size for hand scrubs.
When it was all said and done I only used this much soap to create 15 jars of hand scrub. I now have a plentiful stock of dish soap for the home.
Chris helped me create these adorable labels that used a British bird from my baby shower invitations.
 They read: Thank you for hosting our shower
 Savannah, Chris, & Eli
pomegranate sugar scrub
 
The jars turned out to be the perfect gift for the shower. They smelled so good upon opening them and can't wait to hear how my hostesses enjoyed them.

I recommend this gift idea to anyone wanting to make a unique gift or just for a girls night in.

2 comments: