Thursday, September 5, 2013

Getting Ready for Another Busy Weekend

This coming weekend looks like a non-stop whirlwind. But, it's all for good things.

I just found out today that our pet parlor is no longer open on Saturdays. My dogs desperately need a bath and their nails clipped. When I called to see if they had any openings for tomorrow they said no, but would let me know if there were any cancellations. They asked for my dogs' names and when I said Doris and Mr. Bates they said they could easily squeeze them in. Funny thing is that every time I call they are always booked up, but when I mention my dogs' names they always make room for them. I guess they are popular at the pet parlor. I have to get up a bit earlier to get them there by 7am. My dad is helping us out and picking them up when once they are all prettied up.

Friday night we are heading to the local bar for a friend's birthday party. Saturday morning, I am going to Mass with my CRHP (Christ Renews His Parish) sisters and breakfast. We get together the first Saturday of the month. We attended our CRHP retreat 5 years ago and just recently started getting together monthly. It's really nice to catch up with all of them and go to Mass together.

After breakfast, I am getting my hair done and then heading to Cedar Hill to get a few needed items for school and my upcoming baby shower. That evening I am taking maternity pictures. Chris and the doggies are coming along for the pictures, too. Our wedding photographer, Shelley Kruse with Little Bird Photography is taking our pictures. I'm so excited to work with her again. She has done a fantastic job for us time and again. I like that she's been with us throughout our journey, so far.

On Sunday morning, we are going to Miss Marley's Baptism at our church. Chris and I are her godparents and accept the responsibility of guiding her in her faith. We are so happy that Brianna and Shelby chose us and we take this role seriously. Our Baptism class helped us realize where this sacrament originates and why it is so important. The class we took is good for up to a year, so it also counted for Eli's Baptism.

And finally, Sunday afternoon we are celebrating my Grandad's 75th birthday. The family is all getting together and spending the afternoon with each other. I am making whoopie pies, as usual. It will be wonderful to end this crazy weekend relaxing with my family before another week begins.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! Any have big or interesting plans?

2 comments:

  1. We have a very busy weekend too! I thought St. John's does baptisms in the afternoon on Sundays. Did Brianna ask for a morning baptism? Just curious because Casen's is Oct 13th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did a special request because the dates and times weren't working out. Have a great weekend!! Will we see you Sunday?

    ReplyDelete