Monday, September 9, 2013

Worn Out

Still recovering from this crazy weekend. My eyes are heavy as I type this on a Monday night.  I'm working on last minute touch ups for school this week and need to make Chris dinner, still. I went out to eat with my parents, sis, and Marley to celebrate my mom's birthday this evening. Chris is working late so he couldn't make it to dinner. 

Sitting at a local Mexican restaurant this evening and looking at my mom's margarita made me wish I could have sucked down that delicious glass. I've never craved alcohol as much as I do now being pregnant and can't have any. It's definitely a mind over matter thing, but I will be waiting in line to have my first alcohol beverage as soon as I get the green light.

I accomplished just about everything off my weekend list, except for going to Sam's and Marley's Baptism. I was just too tired Saturday afternoon to finish up the last of my errands before taking maternity pics and opted for a nap instead of Sam's. As for Marley's Baptism, my BIL had to go out of town for police training on Sunday in Mississippi and had to leave before the Baptism could take place. My sis postponed the Baptism for a time when it works for everyone. I did already buy Marley's Baptism gift from Chris and I so that is at least done.

Maternity pictures went great. It was extremely hot, but we did get a nice breeze towards the middle of the shoot. The sun was absolutely perfect for pictures and the dogs behaved very well. Shelley took pictures for almost two hours for us. I can't wait to see the results of her work.

And finally, we celebrated my grandad's 75th birthday yesterday at my aunt's house. The bigger kids, by bigger I mean 3-8 year olds, swam in the pool and the babies stayed in the house. I decided to stay in the house with the uncles, a few moms, and Chris. We played passed the babies around whenever one got fussy. I was surprised that Chris put his hands out to hold babies and shoosh them back to calmness. It got me a bit more excited to see him in action as a dad. 

I have my 34 week check-up this week. Praying that everything is looking good and that Eli is just chilling and enjoying his last 6 weeks in the womb.

No comments:

Post a Comment