Thursday, October 3, 2013

Baby Shower

My baby shower was on Sunday and it was such a nice event. I loved seeing my friends and family that could make it. We received so many gifts that will come in handy pretty soon. 

We had a British gentleman theme for the shower. My hostesses did a fantastic job decorating and providing my favorite meal, hot dogs. I know that's a terrible and plain favorite meal to have, but I LOVE hot dogs.

The cake resembled the invitation with a baby stroller and British bird.
We received a few British onesies from friends beforehand and put them up as decoration with some bunting we had hanging in our patio. It helped with the theme of the shower.

My sis was sweet and brought her glider for me to sit on as I opened gifts. It helped out with my low back pain and was much softer to sit on than the chairs provided.
One of my cousins bought this British fabric to eventually be made into a blanket for Eli. I can't wait to see it as a blanket. We used it as a tablecloth to display maternity pictures and sign-in.
 Decor for the tables that had either M&Ms or Cheez-Its in it
I was hoping it didn't show too much how tired I've been feeling, but oh well. I had a great time and my family came over later in the evening to help sort and organize all of the gifts we received.
 We lack just a few more things for Eli before he makes his big debut in a mere few weeks. It's starting to get real and we get a bit more excited every day about this little guy entering our world and changing it for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment