Sunday, October 20, 2013

Smorgasbord #9

I've been trying out some new recipes and wanted to share one that was a HUGE hit in my house. Chris said this was the best meal that I've ever made. It's called Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and Sausage and I found it here. I made it on a day that I was around the house because there was a tiny bit of cooking beforehand and it only took 5 hours in the crockpot.
The only thing I added to the recipe was a green bell pepper because it had been sitting in my fridge and needed to be used before going bad. I also took the Italian sausage out of the casing and ground it in the skillet with the pepper.
 This recipe was unbelievably delicious. It had so much flavor with the sausage, tomatoes, and tortellini. We couldn't stop eating it and it made enough to last us for a couple of days. I brought the leftovers to my mom's house the next night to add to her Italian soup and it was a hit with my family, too. My brother went on about how much flavor it had and wanted the recipe.
 I'm keeping this one in my head when Eli arrives and I need something to last us a few days.

 I also got to play with this sweet girl while her momma went to the State Fair last week. She was so much fun and was trying out her new trick of spitting. I could snuggle with this baby all day long. I can't wait until she can play with her new cousin soon enough!!

No comments:

Post a Comment