Sunday, October 6, 2013

State Fair 2013

***I can blame mommy brain for this one. I forgot to post this from over a month ago!!. Here ya go!***

Chris and I went to the State Fair of Texas this Sunday. It was a gorgeous day to go and see the exhibits and eat all of the fried food we could eat. With me being pregnant, we made sure that we took breaks and sat down for a bit when needed. 

We found this shaded grassy area and opted for a picture.
While we were sitting there we ate some fried Thanksgiving dinner that was new to the fair. These were scrumptious! It was the perfect blending of turkey and dressing fried up with a side of cranberry sauce and gravy.
We weren't done eating yet. We went into an exhibit hall and got in line to try dips and soups. You can see what looks like an assembly line of people dipping pretzels in different dips. We bought two soups and two dips. I'm wanting to make the soups while I'm on maternity leave since it's getting cooler and it's a very low-maintenance meal.
We met up with my sis and BIL later in the day and I meant to take pics of them and Marley at her first fair, but it became very crowded and my feet and body were just about done for the day. We did manage to eat a Fletcher's corn dog, nachos, hamburger, and ice cream before leaving. We were stuffed by the time we made it to the car with three bags of goodies for the home and a few Christmas presents.

We can't wait to take Eli next year so we can continue this family tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment