Friday, February 1, 2013

More Smorgasbord

Just some random things for this week. I was cleaning up the kitchen last week and glanced out the front window to see this...


 Our neighbor raises goats and every once in a while they get out and run through our front yard. We're not bothered, as they keep the grass down and it makes me feel more like we live on a funny farm.


I was getting ready for work a few days ago and saw how these chubbies were cuddled up with Chris. You can see that he is buried underneath these two, in the top left. I feel bad that Chris hardly gets room in the bed, but I think he likes them cuddling up on top of him.

For Catholic Schools Week, I decorated my door for the Year of Faith. I always try to incorporate my dogs at school. My sis-in-law, Kate, got us a basset hound calendar for Christmas last year. I was a bit upset when the year ended and this calendar was over, but I love that I found a way to use it again. I put a caption above one of the dogs that says, "We have faith in God's plan for us!"

My cousin, JeriLynne, started using acrylic lettering and wanted to make us something as a wedding gift. She had already made these for my cousin's benefit

 These went for a very high price and are worth every single penny. She does an excellent and thoughtful job in creating these pieces.

She made me a set of blocks for Valentine's Day. The other side says "peace" and is for Christmas. They look even better in person. She is very creative and takes pride in her craftsmanship. These blocks look beautiful over the piano. I may have to do some bartering to get some more blocks for the rest of the holidays.
If you are wanting to add some of these lovely pieces to your home, please let me know and I can give you her contact information.



***I think that I will just start having "Smorgasbord Fridays" to just talk about random things going on.


No comments:

Post a Comment