Friday, February 8, 2013

I Heart Holidays

My husband calls me crazy, but I don't care. I LOVE HOLIDAYS!! Even though Christmas is my favorite, I really love all of them. To show my excitement, I like to decorate for each one. There is not a moment that I don't put some sort of holiday decoration in the house. Let me break it down...

Let's begin with Christmas. Once the Christmas season is over(The Baptism of Our Lord, for you Catholics out there) I put up Valentine's Day decor. Once Valentine's Day is over I move on to St. Patrick's Day and then Easter. Once Easter is over, there is a long span of red, white, and blue from Memorial Day until Labor Day. After Labor Day comes Halloween, then Thanksgiving and we are right back to Christmas again. Ok that sounds exhausting, but I have a lot of fun getting the house decorated. 

Some holidays I have more decor than others, but I try to have a front door hanging, a garden flag in our front yard, and a hand towel in the half bath at the very least. I try to buy the majority of my decor the day after the holiday and save it for next year. I love clearance racks at Hobby Lobby and Kohl's the best. I have even collected front door hangings for every holiday for a year to give as wedding presents. 

Since we are around Valentine's Day I will share my Valentine's Day decor.

Since Christmas, we have moved this hope chest to the entryway. I decided to decorate it for the season. I know the garland is tacky, but then again Valentine's Day is a bit tacky itself. 

 Here are the "Love" blocks that I talked about in my last post.

I bought this wool heart garland at Target this year. I'm addicted to garland (thanks Pinterest) and think I need it for every holiday.

Here is my Valentine's Day hand towel for the half  bath.

 This flag was standing on its own on the holder until I realized it was backwards, tried to turn it, and it broke off. Time for a new garden flag holder.

And our front door


My sis wants us to share Valentine's Day with her and my BIL. She wants to take our men to Medieval Times. Neither one has been there before and we think it would be a fun experience. 

Anybody doing anything special for Valentine's Day, keeping it low key, 
or not bothering with it at all?




No comments:

Post a Comment