Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

Chris and I have been praying for some big changes in our lives. For awhile they seemed unanswered and that we just needed to suck it up and get through it. But in a matter of a mere two weeks(!!!) some big things have come through.

1. Our Home Loan Has Been APPROVED!!!
We have been waiting 6 months for this! That is a heck of a lot of time to wait on refinancing and it has been a very frustrating 6 months of waiting to see if this would go through.  There were some scary moments where we worried about some very drastic effects if it didn't go through. But all is well and we are just waiting on the title company to call so we can SIGN!!! We thank God for helping us through this to keep our home and make some much needed improvements on it.

2. I'm Starting A New Job On Monday!!
This was another prayerful and stressful decision to make. I already made the decision that I would not be coming back to this particular school after this school year due to the drive (40 minutes each way). It has been a very long and challenging school year for me. My aunt saw my frustration and mentioned an open teaching position that is 20 minutes closer to home and would be paying a bit more. In a matter of two weeks I have interviewed, accepted the job, and given a two weeks notice to my current school. I prayed fervently about this decision and have been given a calm and peaceful feeling towards it. I believe that this is where God is leading me right now.

3. Chris' Insurance Check
Back in September, Chris was in an accident with an uninsured driver. It was not Chris' fault, but his car was considered totaled and he suffered some neck pain. (His car is still driven to work everyday, but because of its age and that it is a foreign car, it wasn't worth putting the money into it for it to be cosmetically fixed.) Chris finished his chiropractor visits a few weeks ago and notified our insurance company. In response, they have sent us a nice check that will help go towards Chris buying a used car to go to and from work.We thank God that Chris was not seriously injured and his car is still able to get him to work and back.

God is good!! We are continually blessed and thank Him for keeping us with a car, job, and house. 

On that note, I will update later with my Lenten check-in :)

1 comment: