Friday, July 12, 2013

Smorgasbord #5

Here are some random happenings at Gilburthsire!
Since I'm off for the summer, I want to do all of these little projects that I've pinned on Pinterest. One I found here showed you how to put placemats in your refrigerator so that the shelves are easier to clean. This was a pretty easy job and inexpensive. The placemats cost about $1.50 each, but I found some that were 94 cents after I bought the other ones. I used 9 and even put them in the drawers. I did have to cut them down and use two on each shelf. They're working out pretty well and even liven up the fridge a bit.
A few weeks ago, we went out to see my dad's rock 'n roll band, Studebakers, play at a local bar. Brianna and I were joking that our babies were dancing. We both grabbed our bellies and Chris took the picture. I got a little sad when I saw this picture because my sis is due in just ONE WEEK and we won't have many more pictures like this. It has been a lot of fun to be pregnant with my sister and I'm going to miss all of the things we've done together. I know we will have much more fun with our babies interacting with each other, but pregnancy is definitely a special time with my sister.
One last thing. My sis bought this table awhile back and sawed it in half. They used one half for their house here
She asked if we wanted the other half and we happily said yes. I had been using a hope chest that was fairly low to the ground in the front door area and was wanting something different. My sis stained and painted the table last week in time for the party and we put it up. Chris put the Bible and Bible stand that his dad made for our wedding on the table and I put a few more 4th of July decorations on it. I am in love with this table as it adds a bit more character to our home. I can't wait to decorate it with each holiday.
 You can see the blue picture frame with the 4th of July subway art in it from another post. I'm having some ideas with that for our local church's bazaar silent auction that's coming up in September...

No comments:

Post a Comment