Friday, July 19, 2013

26 Weeks

Here I am at 26 weeks!! Hard to believe how far we've come. I didn't think I looked that pregnant until I compared this picture with my 22 week picture. Big difference! I definitely feel more pregnant with getting out of bed and my sciatic nerve kicking my butt, literally. Other than that, the summer has been good to us in Texas and I just keep drinking water and staying cool.

I've been cruising along living vicariously through my 39 week pregnant sister and now starting to realize that we need to start talking and thinking about some big things for Eli. 
1) We received a free crib and need to put it together to make sure that all of the parts are there
2) We need to move all of the junk out of Eli's room and start making it look like a nursery
3) We need to talk more about health-related things concerning Eli once he gets her, i.e., shots, birth plan, nursing, etc. 
4) Decide on how long Chris is going to take off for paternity leave
5) Start Eli's baby registry 
As you can see, we've got quite a list and a bit of time, but I know it's going to fly by.

At my 24 week check-up, the doctor said Eli looked good and his heart rate was at 153bpm. He didn't have any health concerns for me, which is always good. At my 28 week check-up (in 2 weeks), I will have to do the glucose test. I went ahead and picked my flavor of drink (orange) and have it sitting in my fridge. I'm not excited to do it, but I made the earliest appointment so that I wouldn't be miserable and starving all day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment