Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Miss Marley is Here!

I'm a little late, one week exactly, to announce that Miss Marley made her arrival on July 24, 2013 at 5:09 p.m. I'm so glad that I was out of school and decided not to go to a workshop so I could be with my sister in this life-altering experience. My sis was admitted at the hospital around midday and we got to see her a few times before delivery. 
Here is my sis all excited to bring life into the world.
What we did in the waiting room. I let my dad borrow my iPad so he could look up Craig's List and my mom was busy Facebook-ing and playing Bingo.
Shelby's parents arrived around mid-afternoon along with Shelby's best friends. It wasn't long (4 hours) before we heard a lullaby over the speakers signaling that a baby has been born. We sat there waiting and questioning if it was "our" baby. A few minutes later, the nurse came through and told us Miss Marley is here and both mom and baby were doing great. We congratulated each other and exchanged hugs to celebrate this wonderful event. 
Shelby soon came out and we couldn't wait to congratulate the new daddy. He told us that she was 7lbs. 12 oz. and 19 1/2 in. long.
Thank goodness we didn't have to wait too long to meet Marley for the first time. 
Here is my first of many pictures of this sweet face.
This picture speaks so much to me. Seeing my sister naturally accept a new role of motherhood is unbelievable. Yes, she has been a mother since conception, but actually seeing the baby and my sister interact outside the womb was awesome. I love my niece and nephew that are already here through my brother and sister-in-law, but the bond between sisters is something that is hard to explain in words. I can only say that watching my sister through the journey of pregnancy and now motherhood is something I will never be able to duplicate with another person.
I love this face and just can't get enough of it.
The first family picture. I love the looks on their faces of sheer joy and excitement that their family is now whole.
I downloaded a new photo app and was busy playing with it at the hospital. I see so much of my sister in her and then the next second, I see my brother-in-law.
We made sure that we got pictures with Miss Moo, as I affectionately call her. We are smitten by her and will no less spoil her.
All of the intricately-made parts of Marley. Her little hands, toes, ears, nose, and mouth are so cute and needed to be photographed.
Now that Miss Marley is here, I am getting more prepared for Mr. Eli to make his debut. I can't wait for him to get here and meet his new family. He will probably be spoiled as well and I will go ahead and take full responsibility for it. Only 3 more months and we get to meet our lil' guy!



1 comment:

  1. I got to meet Miss Marley today! She was so sweet! I can't wait to meet Eli. I can't believe you are up to bat already and there isn't anyone on deck anymore!

    ReplyDelete