Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Smorgasbord #4

I'm getting ready to can pickles with my Grandma and Brianna on Friday. I went to the Farmer's Market in Corsicana to pick up cucumbers that are small enough to become our kind of pickles. I also picked up some dill and a small watermelon. The Farmer's Market was a bit more expensive than the grocery store, but knowing how hard it was for us to grow our garden I didn't mind paying for the hard work that went behind the produce.
4th of July is coming up and I wanted to add a few more decorations to our home. I saw this on Pinterest and it looked easy enough to create. I just bought a cheap picture frame, spray painted it, and printed out the free image to display. The website had a ton of free printables and I may print off a few more for our party next week. I got this garland at Dollar Tree and couldn't resist to add a bit more "pop" to the decor.
Last night, we went out to eat at a local Mexican restaurant and I was chowing down on chips and salsa. As soon as we ordered our meal, I started to feel bad and a lot like how I felt at 8 weeks of pregnancy. A few minutes later and I was in the restaurant bathroom paying homage to the porcelain god. We got our food to go and headed home. I don't think Eli particularly likes spicy salsa.
My stomach finally settled and animal crackers sounded good when I got home. We were getting ready to head to bed and I was snacking on my crackers when I saw the doggies looking like Oliver Twist. You would think that we never feed them. I gave them a few crackers and then closed up the lid for the night. They love their animal crackers.
I took the dogs to the pet parlor yesterday because they were in desperate need of a good washing. I asked them to paint Doris' nails. She is a lady and we try to treat her as such. Here she is showing off her pretty pink nails. 
 When I picked them up I asked how Mr. Bates did. They said that he barked the entire time (5 hours!). I felt so bad because Mr. Bates is a very sweet dog, but he is very vocal. Maybe next time we can work it out to where we take him for a shorter period.

Just a little bit of what's going on at Gilburtshire!

No comments:

Post a Comment