Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My Sister's Baby Shower

This past weekend was a busy one getting ready for my sister's baby shower. It turned out to be a lovely shower and a nice way to start spoiling Miss Marley.

When we started to plan the shower my mom suggested that I make a bassinet fruit basket. I decided to attempt the project and enlisted Chris for help.

We began with carving the watermelon and gutting it.
Just about finished!! Chris did the majority of this and I just prepped the fruit.

Then came the shower

My sis with her cake. Can't you see her glowing??

I loved the cake!! We had a friend make it and she did a fantastic job. It was so cute and tasted delicious.

And the finished fruit basket!!

The rest of the spread. We had a baked potato bar that turned out to be just enough food for the guests.

My sis wanted pinks, greens, and yellows for decoration, but wanted to keep it simple.
We filled mason jars with lemons and limes and put a tulle bow on the rim.
We put daisies in wine bottles wrapped in jute rope.
My sis had an idea to have diapers at the sign in table. We made a sign that said, "Let's face it--Midnight diaper changes are no fun. So leave mommy an encouraging, funny, witty, or just plain silly note to get her through the night!"
And my favorite picture of the day! My sister and I with our sonograms. It's so neat to be pregnant the same time as my sister. I always dreamed of having babies with my sister and now we are actually living it. I really hope our kids become best friends as they grow up together. Only a few more months until they can start their adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment