Friday, March 1, 2013

Smorgasbord #3

I know I should have posted a few days ago, but it has been unbelievably crazy at Gilburtshire. In the "Ask and Ye Shall Receive" post, I talked about a great many wonderful happenings. These have all come full circle and now we are dealing with them all. 

I started my new job on Monday. I was so nervous walking into this new environment and how it would all go. This is a great school to be teaching at. The teachers were very welcoming, the students (most of them) wanted to know who I was and why I chose them, and I got to sleep an hour later!! My principal even had a welcoming social after my first day with Sonic drinks...score! I do have an enormous amount of information to learn and then apply as I get acquainted with their lesson plan format and the dreaded STAAR test. I do miss my kids and colleagues at my old school, but all in all, I think this was a good choice.

Chris bought a car! He has found his dream car and is so happy to be driving it. He got a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sportwagen, or as I call it, his dad-van. It is very nice on the inside with leather seats and a full sunroof going from the driver seat to the back seat. He said that he thinks we can fit quite a few lil' chubby Gilburts in the back. This car is going to last us for quite a few years.

Look at the proud owner!


The dogs were barking and wanted to say hello





We signed on our house last week!! We are so elated to be done with this process. We did have a few more hiccups in the final process (we knew it wouldn't be that easy), but can finally say that the process is over and can now work on much needed improvements in the house. First thing is new windows and painting the wood panel in the living room (we call it the elephant in the room). 

No comments:

Post a Comment