Saturday, January 19, 2013

Happy Weekend!!

This week has seemed like the longest week!! Maybe because of Tuesday with the sleet and "thunder snow"?!? I'm glad that it's Saturday morning and I am cuddled up in my pajamas cuddling with my doggies. I can't stay in here too long because there is much to do today. So, I'll make this quick.

I live about 40 minutes away from my work. I carpool with two other teachers to help with the drive. Tuesday was my day to drive and I soon wished that it wasn't my day. The meteorologists reported the night before that this wintry weather wasn't going to be that bad and we shouldn't worry. WRONG! It wasn't bad in our hometown, so we didn't leave any earlier. About 5 miles out of our hometown the ice/snow started to come down heavily. I slowed down to 25 mph like everyone else. It wasn't long before I could hardly see the road and people slowly sliding. In tow, one of the carpoolers also brings her little boy with us for Pre-K. I had white knuckles on my steering wheel. I really did not want to drive in this. As we inched a bit further we heard on the radio that the ramps that we take to work were closing. What a mess! I told my carpoolers that I really didn't want to drive in this as it took us 45 minutes to go 15 miles. We called our vice-principal and she agreed that it was bad and for us to turn around and go back home. This was a relief until I realized that I now had to go the other way in this muck. We soon made it home and decided that it would be more work for us to try to go back up there. Our authorities agreed and told us to stay home for the day.

It just so happened that Chris was off on Tuesday, too. We spent the day putting the rest of the Christmas boxes back in the attic, cleaning up the house,and other odds and ends that never got done over the weekend. It was a nice little break in the week.

Today, I am working on red velvet whoopie pies to donate to my cousin, Alyvia Zmolik, for her benefit. On her website,alyviasangels.com, you can read her story and see how this is a very worthy cause to give. I helped set up for the silent auction last night. I have a huge extended family and it was so wonderful to see so many helping just because we love each other. The benefit is tonight and it will be so nice to see the family coming together to raise money for this sweet little girl and her family.

Have a great three-day weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment