Sunday, January 13, 2013

A few recipes that warmed us up

It has been cold these past couple of weeks and nothing warms you up more than a hot meal. I've made Taco soup and chicken noodle soup. We were getting a bit burned out on soup so I found my good ol' trusty Pinterest recipes to help me out. I made this last week
Source: food.com via Savannah on Pinterest

It's very similar to my mother's Ham and Potato Casserole. I used sausage and made my own cheese sauce. I know this meal probably added 5 pounds to my rear, but it was so scrumptious! The mixture of the melt-in-your-mouth potatoes, the gooey cheese sauce, and the sausage was delicious. It was quite easy to make too. It took a bit of patience with the sauce and at one moment it seemed that three things needed to happen at once with the recipe, but it all worked out and I will be adding this one to my list.

For a football watching party, I made Bourbon Whiskey meatballs. These were simple to make and were eaten up by the end of the night. The whiskey brought a really good flavor to the meatball. I will make these for another get together...maybe Super Bowl??

My best friend, Lauren, gave me a slow cooker cookbook for Christmas. I was really excited to get this as a gift because I LOVE my slow cooker!! I think it is the best thing since sliced bread. I love that you can toss a few ingredients in a pot, leave it all day, and come home to a hot meal. Anyways, I used my first recipe out of the book called Tuscan Stew. I should have taken pictures of it because it was so delicious. We were planning on making enough for two meals, but there was not enough for that. My husband devoured it and could not stop praising it. I added ziti pasta to the stew and that added a nice texture to it. A perfect stew for a cold winter night. This is another that will be used in the near future.

Anyone tried any new recipes? Feel free to share!!












 























No comments:

Post a Comment