Monday, January 21, 2013

Good Deals

Who doesn't love a good deal? Christmas season is my FAVORITE time of the year, hence my wedding theme. Even though I love it all, sometimes I am secretly hoping for the day after Christmas for some really amazing deals on decor. I love buying holiday decor after the holiday and putting it away. When you get it out the next year, it's so much fun because you've forgotten all about it and it's exciting to find a place for it in your home.

My first deals were at Hobby Lobby...
I was in the market for a new Nativity Scene. My mom collects them and gave me one of her "old" ones a few years ago. I've been putting it out in our home, but I really wanted something different. I found this regularly priced at $99. It was marked down to $34!!

My mom saw this. It's a picture of the Nativity with the Wise Men coming to see baby Jesus on the left side of the picture.
It is beautiful! I was a bit jealous that she eyed it first, but then I couldn't think of where this would go in our home. It was originally $149 and marked down to $50. I told my mom that I would give it to her for her birthday and Christmas present for next year. That was a double deal!!

I got a few other Christmas presents at Hobby Lobby, but don't want to spoil what they are. 

My best deals were at Kirkland's. They didn't have a big variety, but what they had was really good. They had already marked their Christmas decor down to 75% off. I saw these 

They were gorgeous and my mind easily found a spot for them in the house. They were marked down to $10 each. This also caught my eye

This was originally $49 and it was marked down to $10!! The coolest part is that it has LED lights in the picture. 
I got this wreath for $3. 
At Bed Bath & Beyond, Christmas items were marked down 70%. This sign has such a cute poem about the meaning of Christmas and will go great on top of the piano. It was originally $24 and marked down to $7.
 My final deal comes from H-E-B. I was browsing the cake mix aisle looking for a muffin mix to take for our trip to Arkansas when I saw this great deal.
This mix was marked down to 99 cents. As I picked up the box, I noticed a yellow coupon next to it. H-E-B has their own coupons placed next to various items throughout the store. The yellow coupon said, "75 cents off"!!! This mix was on sale for 25 cents!! I only grabbed two because I wanted to see how they tasted. These were full of cinnamon and tasted so good on our trip. I went back the next week to see if there were anymore and they were completely out. Apparently, someone else saw the good deal and jumped on it too!

Did you find any good after-Christmas deals? Feel free to share and Happy Shopping!




No comments:

Post a Comment