Friday, March 13, 2015

Meal Prep Party #2

A few posts ago, I talked about going to a Pampered Chef Freezer Meal Party where we created 10 meals to go straight in the freezer for future use. You can read the post here. I'm almost out of all of my meals, which were amazingly good. I decided to host one during Spring Break to create 10 more meals. I had a great turnout of cousins, friends, aunts, and my mom. 
My mom and I went to Sam's the day before and bought all of the meat in bulk as well as the majority of the canned goods to split between us to save money. It was a pretty funny sight to see us trying to cut a huge pork tenderloin and 10lb log of ground beef!It was harder to cut the 5lb block of mozzarella. My wrists still hurt from that.
We got so busy with prepping meals that I only took a few pictures. I chose a kid friendly menu that included more pastas and chicken. In addition to the 10 meals, we also offered another menu that included 4 meals.

My sis prepping sweet potatoes to go into the Kid's Chicken Chili.
My aunt preparing one of the meals.
One of my meals waiting to be sealed for the freezer.
This was really fun and busy. I felt out of breath from prepping and talking so much. I made the Parmesan Garlic Pizza Casserole this week and it was delicious. Eli and Chris ate it up!
It was such a success that I'm thinking about hosting again in a few months with a different menu to try new foods. There are more dinner menus and there is also a dessert menu!!! I can't wait to try them all.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could have made it because it looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to do another in a few months on a Saturday so more people can come that couldn't make the first one.

      Delete