Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Meal Prep Party

One of my CRHP sisters invited me to a Pampered Chef Freezer Meal Workshop this past Saturday. I had never been to one and was excited to attend. I invited my mom and sister to go with me. We bought the required spices beforehand through Pampered Chef and were given a grocery list of items to bring with us. In a little over 2 hours we made 10 full-size meals to be placed in the freezer for future use. And these were fabulous meals. Just some of the meals we prepped included: Chimichurri Steak, Chicken Caesar, Beef Enchilada Casserole, and Three Onion Brisket.

I'll admit that buying that much food in bulk made for a long shopping trip and a big bill, but when I realized that it was for ten gourmet meals, it was worth it and not that much more money than I would usually spend.
Our meal prep station set up for us. We left our food bags in another room and only brought the current meal ingredients to the meal prep station. 
Artichoke chicken ready to be sealed and put in the freezer
Our Pampered Chef spices ready for us
My TEN meals prepped and ready to go home
I still can't believe we did that in TWO HOURS!
I've got to say that after two hours we were exhausted. It was a lot of work and a lot on our feet. It was well worth the time and I'm glad I wore sneakers and brought my apron. 
I'm trying one of the meals this week as we have a crazy week. I'm also thinking of co-hosting a party with my mom during Spring Break to try more recipes from Pampered Chef!

No comments:

Post a Comment