Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spring Break 2014

We had so much fun over Spring Break, but we also had a lot to do. Chris' mom and stepdad came in from the UK to visit the same week to meet Eli for the first time. This little charmer was full of smiles and hugs for his grandparents. 
It was Chris' mom's birthday while she was visiting and we threw her a cookout at our house. My family came over, as well as my aunt and uncle, whom they were staying with during their visit. Chris cooked burgers and hot dogs and we lounged on the deck enjoying the sunshine. 
We took Eli to get his passport taken care of in Waxahachie for our trip to the UK in July. While we were doing that, Chris's mom and stepdad enjoyed the sites of Waxahachie and we met up for lunch at the Dove's Nest. I had never been there before, but heard great things. It was a tasty cafe and so many neat trinkets in their gift shop to remember for friend's future birthdays.

Eli enjoyed playing with his Nan and proceeded to gnaw on her hand because of some teeth slowly coming in.
Eli enjoyed many lazy mornings with Mr. Bates during our break 
On their final day here, I got this picture of Eli enjoying his last few minutes with his Nan before she left. The next time he will see her, he will be almost 8 months old.
Spring Break was a break from work, but a much different break than last year with no Eli. I may not have had as much "me" time, but I cherished every moment with our little guy and family that came to visit.

3 comments:

  1. What aunt and uncle did your in laws stay with? Eli is so cute and getting so big! FYI- when you put your reply on your blog I don't see it unless I remember to come back and look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They stayed with my Aunt Patty and Uncle Nick. They are actually going to travel with my in-laws in the summer for a bit around England.

      PS. I don't know how to fix that, but I don't see a reply unless I come back to yours either. I looked on blogger and can't find anything to fix it.

      Delete
  2. I clicked the notify me box this time so that I would get the notification that you replied. But here are some directions how to fix it.
    http://www.venustrappedinmars.com/2013/06/google-ultimate-no-reply-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete