Wednesday, January 11, 2012

So this is what married life is like

Chris and I have been married for about 10 days now and are getting settled into what married life really is. Yes, we've been doing our finances, laundry, and normal day-to-day things for over a year now, but it definitely feels different now that we are REALLY married and not just civilly married. I notice that we look at each other differently(in a good way) and have really let go of any nervousness or anxiety that we had prior to the wedding. I can't explain it too well, but there is just something emotionally and spiritually different. This time, saying our vows, it felt more real and that this is how it should have always been. I don't regret having our JP wedding or want anyone to think I think less of them because they went to the courthouse. It was the choice we made and we look at marriage much differently now because of it. There is just something about standing in front of that altar and reciting the same vows Catholics have been saying for years that affirms you that this is the right place to commit your life to someone else.

On another note, my Christmas decorations are still up and I think a part of me wants to keep them up because it reminds me of our wedding and my favorite time of the year. I love to see the variety of ornaments we have collected and have been given over the years.  They are a scrapbook of our lives on a tree. I think I will do that this weekend as well as go buy a few more things off of our registry that we didn't get yet like our pots and pans, bed sheets, pillows, and trashcan. We're just so ready to slow down and be an old married couple that watches tv together while playing Scrabble.

No comments:

Post a Comment