Saturday, January 7, 2012

Here We Go!!

I decided to start a blog. I figured I would have started one a long time ago, but I guess time got away from me. I wanted to start this blog to let people know what Chris and I are up to and watch our life grow.

Just so you know a little of our story.... Chris, my husband, is from the UK and we met in March 2009 in San Antonio after my sister bumped into him at a bar. After meeting, we talked for an hour and a half and decided to see each other again. Over the next year, we kept in touch by instant messaging, Skyping, and seeing each other every couple of months. After nine months of dating, Chris proposed on New Year's Eve 2009 in Spain. We then needed to decide how we would co-exist. We decided that Chris would move here and he would need to immigrate. The simplest way for us to do this was to get married, civilly, and have our wedding in my church the following year, as planned. We were civilly married on September 30, 2010 with about 15 of our closest family and friends. Shortly after marrying, we moved back to my hometown and bought a house. Our house came with its own character and I hope to incorporate that in this blog. Also, we rescued a loving basset hound that we named Doris. She is our "dogger" and is treated as our child. We married in my church on December 31, 2011. I am so happy to finally be married and have a little family of our own.

I hope you enjoy my blog and get a glimpse of what it's like in Gilburtshire...

1 comment: