Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bad day turned into a good day

Yesterday, I took Doris to the vet after vomiting for 12 hours. The vet ran some blood work and came to the conclusion that it was because we gave her a bit of pot roast. Apparently, pork has a high fat content and a dog's pancreas cannot handle that large amount of fat. I believe most of that, but she eats "Beggin Strips", which I know aren't completely healthy or pork, and she started vomiting before I gave her the roast. So, $300 later she is doing great while on some antibiotics.
Today, Chris decided to get our patio closed in. He hired my cousins, Jacob and Dominic, to do the work. I got all the way to work and Chris called to tell me that he didn't know how he was going to pay for any of the supplies since I had both the credit card and his debit card. I gave him the credit card number over the phone and he went to a Chick-fil-a for wi-fi, since he doesn't have 3G, and ordered the parts online and then went back to the store to pick them up. Ugh! Can't believe that was the best way to go about it.
When I came home, I saw a home cooked meal and a brand new patio. It's not finished yet, but I will post pics when it is. Those guys transformed my house in mere hours. I was in shock at how quick they put it up and how gorgeous it was. There are two French doors, two big windows, and a doggie door for Doris. I can't wait for it to be complete so I can sit in my enclosed patio. I really do have a wonderful husband who is trying his hardest to make us a nice home to live in. Love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment