Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mini-Honeymoon Booked!!

Chris and I just booked our mini-honeymoon in Galveston. We got a deal through a time share that we saw at the State Fair back in September. We bought it knowing we would use it as a little getaway between our wedding and our real honeymoon this summer. We had a choice between Galveston and San Antonio and since we lived in San Antonio for 2 years and feel like we've seen enough, we chose Galveston. I've been there a few times, but Chris has only been to one Texas beach. I know Galveston is probably not the most awe-inspiring beach, but it will be fun. We are staying at the Victorian Condos, which is where I used to stay when I had cheerleading competitions in high school. They have since renovated it and I'm excited to see what has changed. We took off on a Friday and Monday so we could enjoy a long weekend. Also, I found out when booking our third night, that the time share was not covering, that the weekend we booked is also Mardi Gras weekend. Neither one of us have really experienced any sort of Mardi Gras partying, but we'll see what happens. We hope to try some hole-in-the-wall restaurants and plenty of seafood. I am so glad we are not picky eaters.

We also need to book our flights for our real honeymoon this July. We are going to the UK to see some of Chris' family and friends and then spending 4-5 days by ourselves. I am so excited to go back to the UK and see everyone that came to our wedding and for Chris to see his grandparents and nephew who couldn't come to the wedding. Chris is keeping it a secret from me as to where we are staying by ourselves, which I like. All I told him is that I want to be secluded and have beautiful scenery.

So even though the wedding is over, we are still on our "wedding high" as we plan our honeymoon and await our wedding photo book and DVD.

1 comment: