Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Smorgasbord #7

Last weekend, we went to register for Eli at a few stores and Brianna and Marley joined us. It was very overwhelming. I made a list on my phone of things to register for, but in my absent mindedness I somehow deleted it and had to start from scratch. Bad idea! Especially a bad idea when the saleslady tells you where you need to start and what they suggest you buy and how many. Thank goodness for Brianna and her new mommy expertise. 

A couple of hours later, we finished our registry with only a few things that will need to be deleted because they are doubled or Chris researched them a bit further (big surprise!) and saw that they weren't as good as what he found online.

Here he is checking out a jogging stroller. We did not register for this stroller, but another one that was a bit lighter and fit the baby at all sizes.
While we were registering, Miss Marley wanted to get a good view of the lights. Bri tried out her new baby carrier and Marley enjoyed the ride.
On Sunday, Chris and I hung around the house with the dogs. Mr. Bates was being especially cuddly and plopped himself behind me for a nap.
School started this week. The first couple of days have been very exhausting and a bit more exhausting than usual as I am now 8 months pregnant. My coworkers have been great by checking on me and giving me much needed bathroom breaks that usually happen in the middle of class. 

On the first day of school, my principal and vice-principal brought around gigantic cupcakes. I picked out this chocolate chip one and took it home to half it with Chris. I had to use a fork to eat it because there was so much icing. It was delicious and I was told it was made by Gigi's bakery in Dallas. 
Bri invited my dad, Corey, and myself over for dinner this week. It was nice to kick back and cuddle up with Marley. This little girl has my heart and I just can't stop oohing over her. Here eyes are so blue and she was so active. She wanted to see everything.
 
This weekend we are packing up and heading to West for West Fest. Once again, we have a spot on the campgrounds and are borrowing a camper from our friend's parents. Weather is looking like triple digits, so it's going to be H-O-T! Bringing plenty of water and planning on staying cool as much as I can. This will be our 5th year to go together and our last one as a family of two!

No comments:

Post a Comment