Sunday, August 18, 2013

30 Weeks

Ahhh! Am I really at 30 weeks?? I know it's cliche, but where did the time go? Only 10 more weeks and we get to meet this little Gilburt. We've been busy working on Eli's room (see post on it here). This has been a huge check mark for us. I've been working on a rough registry list for Eli, but need to actually make it by going to the shops. My baby shower is planned for the end of September, so I really need to get on the ball and do it. My sis volunteered to go with us and help us decipher what we really need and what is unnecessary.

I also contacted my photographer for maternity pictures for the next couple of weeks. I'm really excited to take these and capture this temporary and beautiful time of pregnancy. I'm waiting on a custom item from Etsy to come in for the pictures, but it's not expected to ship for a few more weeks. I may have to make a replacement.

I went to the doctor at 28 weeks and when I got on the scale they said, "Oh!" I asked what that meant and looked at the scale to see that I had gained 8 lbs. since my last appointment (24 weeks)!! I was a little disappointed, but the nurses reassured me that I had only gained a total of 11 lbs. in my pregnancy. The next two weeks consisted of our birthday celebrations with lots of cake, take-out food, and mindless eating. It should not have surprised me when I went back this week and I had gained another 5 lbs. Now I am at 16 lbs. total gained. Eeesh!! I am back to focusing on whole grains, fruits, and protein. It's going to be hard with school starting up, but I want myself and Eli to be healthy.
At this past appointment, I had another sonogram and we got our last picture of Eli in the womb. It was neat to see him moving around and putting his hands in his face. He looked quite comfortable in there, but is going to run out of room very shortly.

I'm now at 2 week check-ups, instead of once a month, and will start weekly check-ups in 6 weeks. Can't believe we are this far. Eli has already changed our lives and we can't wait to see how he will continue to do that.



No comments:

Post a Comment