Thursday, August 8, 2013

Getting Ready for Eli

A few posts ago, I compiled a list of things to get done before Eli gets here. I made Sunday afternoon the time to get Eli's room together as much as we could. Chris started to put the crib together and had a bit of help from the dogs.

Once he got the crib up, we started moving other furniture around. We brought the glider and a toy chest to place in the room. Chris also brought in his baby blanket and we put it on the back rail of the crib.
 He wanted to add a few of his toys to put on the canoe shelves. When it was complete, I had one item on the shelf, my old Glow Worm, and the rest of the shelves were filled with Chris' stuffed animals and toy cars. He was so excited to show me all of his cars and I can't wait for him to show that same excitement to Eli one day.
After all of their work, Doris and Mr. Bates decided that they needed a break. I think they are starting to suspect that something or someone is coming. They wanted to stay in Eli's room the whole time and sniff it out. 
Based on how they've been acting around Marley, we think Doris is going to be our Nana and Bates is going to be our scared baby. When I was holding Marley, Doris put her head on my lap and didn't want to part from the baby, while Mr. Bates couldn't run fast enough away from Marley. Although a few nights ago, I had a couple of my cousins over and their 15 month old daughter loved Bates and kept sitting on top of him like a horse and pulling on his ears. Mr. Bates never budged and didn't seem to mind any of it.
Ultimately, I think they will be just fine with our kids and will find themselves in a new role as big brother and big sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment