Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Polka Fest 2013

Polka Fest 2013 was this past weekend. It was a different Polka Fest for me as I watched everyone partake in drinking pivo while I sipped my water or Dr. Pepper. We did have a great time and are still recuperating from the lack of sleep and all day festivities.

Friday I got a much needed pedicure and had my toes painted with the Czech flag on them. My poor nail technician was speaking all sorts of languages when she saw my tiny toes and what I wanted. She did a great job and probably quit her job later that evening.
On Saturday, we went to a friend's house for a horseshoe tournament. A group of us have been making Polka Fest t shirts for the past couple of years and we had these made this year. Lil' Gilburt is starting to show more in my clothing.
That night we went to see my dad's band play. They had a great crowd and put on a good show. Mollie B from The Mollie B Polka Party on RFD TV was the grand marshall of Polka Fest and made an appearance by playing with several bands along with her husband. She is such a talented musician as she plays multiple instruments and just jumps on in with a band to play along.
I thought it was cute that my little brother went to go sit with my dad and watch him play from a closer view.
More JMO playing
I had this shirt made online and it came in just in time for the weekend. I was hoping that we would know what we are having before the festival, but the shirt still turned out cute. It fit so comfortably that I think I will wear it all summer long!
I took one last Polka Fest 2013 pic of Chris and I. Next year's picture will look a bit different with a lil' chubby Gilburt in our arms. I can't wait to have our kids experience Polka Fest and see one side of their heritage. Don't worry, Chris is making sure that they know full well of their English heritage, too.

2 comments:

  1. Love the shirt you had made! I can't wait to hear if you are expecting a future king or queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dianna!! We can't wait either. We find out next Friday!!

    ReplyDelete