Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Play Us A Song

     Last year, my great Aunt Joanie had posted on our family page through Facebook that they were wanting to get rid of a piano that had been sitting in their house. I have always wanted a piano in our home. I took lessons when I was in elementary from Sr. Kathryn and again in high school from Ms. Powell. I wasn't very good, but really liked playing. So after thinking about it for a bit, I answered that we would like to have it.

     My aunt had mentioned that it was very heavy and would take about six men to move it. We live about 1/2 mile from them, but couldn't think of six people who would voluntarily move the piano for us. So fast forward over a year later and we still had not picked up the piano. A few weeks ago, we had decided that we need to go get it and asked a few burly cousins to help us. But before we got everyone together, my aunt called and wanted us to come get it in a few hours. We tried to think of who we could get to help us in a short amount of time, but then my aunt called back and said that it wasn't that heavy and they were already on their way over. My great uncle and two cousins put it on a trailer and helped us move it in the dining room.

 
     It works as a great display for Christmas cards. It's a bit out of tune, but I don't think we will use it too much for playing. It fits perfectly in the dining room. We needed something to go along the wall and the dark color of the piano gives the room a whole new look. 
     Maybe one day it will be used for playing again...

No comments:

Post a Comment