Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Time is Here

With all of my immediate family's crazy schedules(one's a police officer, one works swing shifts, and another is a flight attendant) it is very hard to get everyone together for Christmas. We had to celebrate Christmas the Saturday before Christmas. My mom decided to have breakfast and my sister suggested that everyone come in their pajamas.
 My dad and my nephew, in his Angry Birds pajamas, getting ready for breakfast
 My mom and my niece celebrating her first Christmas
 My soon-to-be sister-in-law and my niece
 My brother and nephew giving each other hugs and love. I love the look on their faces in the second picture.
 Me and my sweet niece. I'm wearing my new robe that Chris got me for Christmas. I'm also wearing new Bear Paws slippers that are so comfy and warm, but you can't see those in the picture.

 My nephew playing Angry Birds. He knew exactly what to do with no help from adults. He's only 2!
 My dad got a new TV stand and needed help to put it together, so he had the son-in-laws and sons help him figure it out. Oh, and my nephew helped too!

 My dad LOVES anything National Lampoon movie related. One of his favorite movies is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
I picked his name this Christmas. I had been saving this shirt on my phone for a few months now and knew that this would be a great gift for my dad. Can you see the excitement on his face??

Later that evening, we celebrated Christmas with my mom's side of the family. One of my little cousins decided to push a laundry basket around the living room and pick up wrapping paper.

 A few of my cousins, aunt, and cousin's girlfriend posing for a cute photo.
I love being with my mom's side of the family. I have so many great childhood memories that include them. We had so much fun this Christmas catching up, laughing, playing Chinese gift exchange, playing games, and building puzzles. We don't get together as often as we used to, so we really look forward to the time we do get together. I wish I had more pictures to share, but I was having too much fun and forgot to take more.

I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and found some time to remember that our Savior is born to us. We rejoice that He has come in history and now we await for Him to come in majesty! I attended Midnight Mass with my family. This is my favorite Mass of the entire year. The church is beautiful, the choir is exceptional, and everyone is so excited to rejoice for the newborn King. One of my friends posted this picture of what the church looked like at Midnight Mass.
Here is another picture of my church at Christmas time. It is absolutely beautiful and one of the main reasons why I chose this time of the year to get married.
My next post will be about our one year anniversary trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment