Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Just another day at Gilburtshire

I said in my last post that I was making some new Pinterest recipes. This first one was for a meatball appetizer. It was frozen meatballs, grape jelly, and chili sauce all mixed up and put on low for 4 hours.
I know others have told me that they have used this recipe since their mom taught them, but I never knew about it. They were delicious and a big hit at the Halloween party we went to.

I also made Spice Cake whoopie pies. This was my first attempt with Spice Cake and I have to say that these are probably some of the best whoopie pies that I have made. The spice cake mixed with the cream cheese filling went so well together and tasted somewhat like a pumpkin roll. I had many compliments on these and will remember to make them more often during this fall and Christmas season.
 I also dyed the frosting orange for Halloween flare.
I made this Pinterest recipe last night.
 It didn't have a name, but it was delicious and ridiculously easy. I used chicken breasts, halved new potatoes, and frozen broccoli. I then poured some olive oil over it and sprinkled Italian dressing seasoning on it. It went in the oven for 50 minutes at 350 degrees. 
 The dinner before putting it in the oven
And after it was cooked
 
This meal was so delicious that there we NO leftovers. Chris and I devoured this meal. The chicken was very juicy and the seasoning on the broccoli made it melt in your mouth. I would make this any night of the week.
Remember on my last post when I said that we got a new mattress? Well, I think our doggies love it as much as we do. On Sunday, I wanted to wash the sheets with the rest of my laundry, but getting these two out of bed was like an act of Congress.
This is after I told Doris she needed to get up. Can you see that she listened to me?
 I said the same to Mr. Bates and he at least lifted his head.
 But, then he went back to this
He still wouldn't move even with the sheets being pulled up
I finally drug the sheets from under him and he got off them. We have some very sleepy and lazy doggies at our house.
In my next post, I will show you what the doggies are going to be wearing for Halloween.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of the pups! That has been Kyle and I lately! An act of congress to get us out of bed!

    ReplyDelete