Tuesday, October 2, 2012

2nd Civil Anniversary

Two years ago, on a warm September Thursday in San Antonio, I skipped class and married my sweetheart. With a gathering of about 15 people, we said traditional vows and kept it low-key. I bought a dress for $99 and Chris bought a white shirt from The Gap. This wedding was much different than the one we had 9 months ago.

It was a beautiful day and we just kicked back. We had lunch at an Italian restaurant and one of my college friends bought us a wedding cake.
My mom bought us some flowers and my other college friend bought my veil. My closest friends and family came down to San Antonio to celebrate with us. It was so nice to see them all there supporting us in this new adventure.

People have always asked us if we will celebrate both anniversaries, the civil and church one. We really didn't think too much about it, but as the civil one got closer we realized that we wanted to recognize it and celebrate that special day.

This year, that day fell on a Sunday and Chris happened to be off that day too. We made a day of going out and enjoying the nice weather.

We started our day with a big lunch at Romano's Macaroni Grill. We got a gift card from our wedding in December and finally found good use for it. Chris had never been there before, but he loved it and we will be going back. Even though it tries to push itself as a swanky restaurant, they put paper on the tables and give you crayons to color with. Chris couldn't help himself.
 And this is my terrible drawing. I really hope our kids do not inherit my lack of artistic ability.
 We had Macaroni and cheese bites and something else with bacon on it for an appetizer. I had chicken and mushroom canelloni and Chris had a delicious pasta dish that I cannot remember the name of.

We headed to Old Navy where I got skinny jeans and red jeans for $19 a piece. Chris found a hoodie and swim shorts on clearance. I just assumed that there would be an Academy in Cedar Hill and there wasn't. Chris was a bit peeved at me for not finding out exactly before we left the house, but I made up for it. We went to Dick's Sporting Store and he found some new trainers.
We ended our day at the movies. We went to go see Looper with Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It was a total guy movie; lots of f-bombs and blowing people up. It wasn't my kind of movie, but it did have a good plot and acting.

Next time I get to pick the movie
We had a fantastic day and look forward to many more years together!

No comments:

Post a Comment