Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I said, Hey what's going on??

Gilburtshire has been busy lately. October has been a busy month and it's taken me awhile to sit down and get it all out.

1) We are in the process of refinancing our home. When we bought it, almost 2 years ago, we owner-financed it for 2 years. I was trying to get this done in the summer time when I could commit more time to this lengthy and tiresome process, but things never work out that way, do they?? We're almost done with it except for getting contact information for Chris' last job, which was the Royal Air Force. He hasn't been working there for over 2 years and his base has been nonexistent about a year ago. Trying to find someone who would know my husband and his credentials is becoming a big pain. I have a feeling that this is one of the last things that they are waiting on for us. Hopefully we will get some emails back soon and get this over with.
2) With the refinancing, we are taking out a bit more to do home improvements. Our house was built in the early 70s and it hasn't had a lot of major work on it. We are wanting to put in new windows, as the ones we have are paper thin and several have bb holes in them. We also want 2 new air conditioning units. Ours are off a few degrees and are on their way out. Insulation would also be nice as we can feel air through the outlets.
3) I love my job, but I hate leaving my doggies in the morning. They get up with me, I feed them, and they send me off. This is the saddest face in the world to me. I see this almost every morning after I close the back door and head off to work.
4) Chris and I went to the Texas State Fair with a few friends a week ago. While we were there we ate a Fletcher's Corn Dog, pizza, and Texas-brewed Tea. When I went with my family a few weeks ago, I had a deep fried red velvet cupcake. I would eat that any day of the week.

 

While we were there, we purchased a new mattress. It's similar to a Tempurpedic mattress. We got it delivered the next day and fell in love with our bed. This thing is so comfortable. When you lie on the bed you feel your body sink into it. We have had amazing sleep on this mattress and the dogs love it too. It's hard enough getting them out of the bed already.
5) I tried Taco Pasta Bake from Pinterest last night
I would say it's very similar to a Hamburger Helper recipe, but calls for a bit more cheese. I would cut out some of the cheese for next time. Overall, my husband ate it and we'll make it again for a weeknight dinner. Hamburger Helper would have been a bit easier to make.
6) We're going to a Halloween party this weekend and I'm going to try a new Pinterest appetizer recipe and Spice Cake Whoopie Pies. I'll let you know how it all turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment