Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Good Friday 2016

My school was closed on Good Friday this year, so I got to spend the day with my babies.
We saw the Easter Bunny. Eli was a bit nervous to take a picture with him, but once he saw that Andie was doing it too he joined in.
We attended Good Friday services at our church that included Veneration of the Cross. It was a 2 hour service, but we sat in the front and my kids were great. The best part was the Veneration of the Cross. It is such a humbling experience to kneel and kiss the wooden cross. I explained to Eli what we were going to do and he walked right up to the cross, kissed it, and looked up at me with a smile. I am so proud to be his mommy. 
That evening we had our annual egg dyeing party at Brianna's house. 
The older kids loved dyeing eggs.


Andie got to hold an egg
But, she wasn't too excited about it
We also had craft tune.
 We had the toddlers put scraps of tissue paper on plastic film and then cut them into crosses to go on windows.
By this point, everyone was done.
I love this time of year as our children learn more about our faith with their cousins and make memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment