Thursday, January 16, 2014

Christmas Time Is Here

We had a joyous Christmas as a new family. It was busy, but Eli was a trooper and kept going. We had Zmolik Christmas on the 20th, Sylvester Christmas on the 22nd, and the rest of the festivities on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

For Zmolik Christmas I tried two new recipes. For an appetizer I went to the Pioneer Woman for Tortellini Skewers. They were a little expensive for appetizers, but very easy and delicious. You can find the recipe here. I made a dessert called Chocolate Snowballs. These were also rather easy. The hardest part was forming the dough around the Hershey kiss. They were sinfully good and you can find the recipe here.
I realize now that this says desserts when there is also an appetizer on this. Forgive me!
I have a separate post for Sylvester Christmas. On Christmas Eve we went it my Grandma Mikula's for lunch. She made barbecue, strudel, and cheese rolls. We brought the sides and more desserts. We caught up with my dad's side and looked at old photo albums. The babies had fun playing with my aunts and uncles. 

In the evening we went to my mom's for dinner and to exchange gifts with my immediate family. We managed to get a great picture of all of the babies and will be adding one more by next year as my SIL is due in July. My mom made pork loin that was so tasty. As usual, we had too much food and ate until we were past full. By this point, we were exhausted from a long day, but had to recharge for Midnight Mass. 


We got to church around 11 for caroling and to get a pew with enough room for my whole family (9 adults and 4 children). Mass was beautiful and it felt so special having my whole family together. We took pictures after Mass and it was going on 2am(Don't mind our tired looks).

     My sis, BIL, and Marley
                                     
My SIL, brother, Joshua, and Emily  
My mom and dad

And the whole family...with Joshua to the side.lol 
It was so nice to go to Mass as a family and celebrate the birth of our Lord. We thank God for our blessings of being together.

No comments:

Post a Comment