Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Revealing Lil' Gilburt


We revealed the pregnancy to my parents a few weeks ago at dinner and Chris' parents via webcam. Everyone was pleasantly surprised and excited for another little one to come around. My sister's little girl and our baby will be 3 months apart. I can't wait to see both of our kiddos running around with my niece and nephew.

I wanted to have a fun reveal for my extended family. Since I had told Chris via Scrabble, I figured it would be a fun way to show everyone else. My sis gave me a great idea. I usually make whoopie pies for every family function and was planning on making them for Easter at my grandad's. (I used my new whoopie pie maker, as my old one was worn out. Here is a link to my new one: Baby Cakes WH-24 Whoopie Pie M (Google Affiliate Ad)My sis told me to tape this picture underneath the whoopie pies and see how long it takes everyone to figure it out. I knew this idea was only going to go one way or the other. Either someone would figure it out in the first few minutes or it would be hours later.


Here are the whoopie pies awaiting to cover up the picture.

I printed the picture out from my computer and used a self-laminating sheet to keep it clean.

Getting close to covering it all the way

All done and you can barely see the picture

Now came the waiting game. 

You can see the gray top of the Pyrex dish just sitting there waiting for someone to open it.

An hour later....still no one has opened it

Finally, my sis dug in and took a few

We kept telling everyone to try my new recipe. So slowly they came...

And still slowly they came...

By this point, a small portion of the picture was showing, but no one had figured it out yet

Still not figured out yet...

Family started to get suspicious as we kept telling them to eat more. And they FINALLY figured it out!!

I love my aunts' expressions in this picture

The dish looked like this when it was finally figured out

Some were surprised and some responded with "We knew it!!" But all in all everyone was excited to have one more baby on the way. Before there were 5 first cousins pregnant. I just changed that number to 6! Our due dates are April, May, June, July (2), and October. The pregnant cousins took a picture together. 


I think we are going to run out of room at Christmas events. There are already 16 grandchildren and 9 great-grandchildren. By Christmas there will be 15 great-grandchildren!! We are truly blessed and I know Meme is grinning ear to ear seeing all of these babies grow from her and my grandad's love.


4 comments:

  1. I was one of those that didn't get it! Lol! And those whoopie pies were delicious! I am still thinking about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will be making banana whoopie pies more often. They are my new favorite, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to do take the follow up picture at Easter this year with our kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me either. I'm so excited to see how our families have grown in a year.

    ReplyDelete