Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Changing the house some more

I decided to make these

Source: glamour.com via Sheri on Pinterest


 But I changed to blackberries with vanilla yogurt

It was easier to dip with a toothpick
These looked fantastic, until I remembered rule number 1: always make sure that your cookie sheet will fit into your freezer. After I realized that they wouldn't fit, I tried to transfer them to a smaller cookie sheet. That turned into a big mess because the yogurt got every where and there wasn't near enough on them as there had been before. I was frustrated and just put them in the freezer. You need to let them thaw a few minutes before eating because they are extremely cold and do not break easily. If you have a texture issue then you probably will not like this. Once they start to thaw you need to eat them fast because the yogurt thaws quickly and ends up goopy. I am going to experiment with this one again in the future and remember to put them on a smaller cookie sheet.

Chris was off for a few days last week and I came home to this...
I was wondering what he could be making...dining room chair covers, wall decorations...I don't know. Well this is what he made...

A headboard!! I was so excited. I had been bugging him about working on our bedroom and this just added so much color to our dull room. I love it and can't wait till he makes our bed frame to go with it.

And the DIY projects go on. We have been collecting Shiner bottle caps for a few months now and plan on placing them on a table top. Chris bought an old sewing machine table this past weekend at Canton for it. I can't wait until this becomes a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment