Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Oscars Inspire Me

After watching the Oscars this past Sunday, I am inspired to see a few movies and add them to my movie collection. I thought I would share them with you:

The first is God is Bigger than Elvis. This documentary is about Dolores Hart, who starred with Elvis in films in the 1950s, and at age 26 left Hollywood to become a nun. I think it is so interesting and had to take such courage to leave a promising career as an actress and fulfill her bigger calling to God. I can't wait to see this and see her story.

The next movie I want to see is Hugo. This is based on the book The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick. I started to read this book to my students before I heard about the movie. It is a fun and adventurous book about a boy named Hugo who is an orphan who works as a clock keeper in Paris. He starts a wild adventure when he encounters a wind-up doll. I don't know if there is anything that Martin Scorcese cannot do.

I also want to see The Help.I know this movie has been out on DVD for awhile and I should have rented it by now, but for some reason I haven't. Everybody has great reviews for the movie and the book. And after seeing Octavia Spencer win the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress I wanted to see the movie even more.

Moneyball is next on my list. I am not a huge Brad Pitt or Jonah Hill fan, but this movie looked really interesting and funny. I like baseball movies, so I think this one needs to be added to my baseball movie list.

And last, but I am sure there are more, The Artist. I really want to see this movie. I love movies based in the early 1900s and especially anything that might remotely look like a musical. I have been drawn to more French movies lately thanks to my British husband. And this one looks very enjoyable with a great storyline. It will be much different watching a silent movie. It will definitely be a new experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment