Sunday, February 12, 2012

I love Pinterest

I am such a list person and write it down person. If I see it written down I will remember it better. Chris and I have a list of things we want to do to the house and how much we are budgeting for it. Now that we have found Pinterest, we have seen so many DIY versions of ideas we have for our house, plus adding more to it. I have to say that when I first saw Pinterest, I had no idea what it was and my ADD was kicking in. It was too much. But after taking the time and realizing what it actually is, I've realized that this is probably how my brain works. I feel like I put so many ideas on "boards" in my brain and now I have a virtual place to put them.

On that note, I have been trying out quite a few recipes that I found on Pinterest and even encouraged our guests at our Super Bowl party to bring a dish that they found on there, too. Here are some of the ones I have tried. Note: They were all super-easy and did not require a ton of ingredients.
My first and favorite one is Taco Cups. I made these for Super Bowl and they were a hit! They had a kick to them, but very delicious and perfect finger food at a party.



Next, I have been on a Crok-Pot Fest. Getting home so late from work and then making dinner is such a drag. I am so glad I got a Crock-Pot for our wedding and it is getting its full use. The first thing I made was Chicken Tacos. All I had to do was put chicken, taco seasoning, and salsa in the Crock-Pot and left it for 6 hours. When I came home I had perfect chicken meat for soft tacos. You could also use this for soups.




Crock-Pot Chicken Parmesan was my second favorite. I only had to make pasta when I got home and served tender-breaded chicken that had been marinated all day in sauce. I made the last 15 minutes before I walked out the door.



And last, but definitely not least, are the Ranch Crock-Pot Pork Chops. Chris and I both loved these! I forgot to make it the morning of and Chris happened to be home that day, so I read the recipe to him over the phone. We put frozen pork chops, a can of cream of chicken, and ranch dressing packet for 6 hours. This was the best meal. I didn't follow the rest of the recipe for their mashed potatoes, but I used the leftover juices for gravy on our mashed potatoes. I will most definitely make this one again.



I plan on finding more recipes and adding my reviews. I am not a great cook and will not try a recipe if it asks for strange ingredients or has more than about 6 ingredients. I just like to try new things and keep it simple and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment