Thursday, June 18, 2015

Canning Pickles with Grandma 2015

My sis and I wanted to can pickles with my grandma again. We missed it last year and missed not having that time with our grandma and the jars of pickles to eat throughout the year.
My grandma agreed to help out (take over) and we made a day of it.
The basic ingredients. We actually found out that we didn't need celery seed like my grandmother insisted on.
Grandma scrubbed and prepped the cucumbers.
Bri and I prepped the jars.
And the cucumbers were ready for pickling. We made around 16 jars of pickles that will be ready in a few weeks. It was nice to chat with my grandma and hear her stories of growing up. We know that time is precious and we don't want to miss one memory or story that she shares.
You can see our canning memories from 2013 and 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It really is! I enjoy doing this with my grandma and glad it's "our thing" as girls with her.

      Delete