Monday, December 15, 2014

Trim the Tree

It takes me a full week to put up my Christmas decorations. I know that's too much. But, I absolutely enjoy every minute of getting out old ornaments, placing decorations in new places in the house, and hanging garland...lots of garland. 

Last year, I put everything up with a 6 week old. This year, it was with a one year old. Eli was a lot of fun to have around. Yes, he threw most of the decorations on the floor once I put them up, but we made memories. 
He was really intrigued by the tree and I guess most children are. He loved to hold the ornaments and tried to put them on the tree.
I kept the glass ornaments on the top portion of the tree for obvious reasons.
He is putting his cousin, Billy's, ornament on the tree that was sent to us a few years ago.


I love this shot
And after awhile I noticed that he wasn't putting ornaments on the tree anymore, but sitting in his rocking chair and admiring the tree. He reminds me that I need to relax and enjoy this time with him. I need not worry about every minute detail. I need to sit back and relish this special time with my family.

1 comment: