Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Eli's Baptism

I'm a little behind on this one. Forgive me!

Eli was baptized on November 10 at St. John Catholic Church and officiated by Father Antonio. We chose Shelby and Brianna as Eli's godparents. Marley was baptized on the same day and we were chosen as her godparents.
You can see in the background of the pictures that there were several families having their children baptized, too.
 During the ceremony, the godparents were asked to hold the godchild.
 Marley being baptized with holy water
 Eli being baptized with holy water (He slept through the whole thing!)

 Just after the holy water

 Eli getting chrism oil put on his head (It smelled so good on him!)
 All of us with Father Antonio
 Still sleeping through it all
 All of us with my grandad
 Us with my mom and dad
 Our little family picture
 And my favorite picture of the day...
My mom wanted a picture of all of her grandbabies with her and my dad. As you can see, that idea did not work. The babies did not cooperate and mom did not get her beloved picture. The looks on their faces are priceless.
I'm so happy that Eli is baptized and is beginning his journey as a follower of Christ. I want to teach him all about our Savior and how we can be like him to others. I want to teach him prayers and pray with him. So much to share with this little guy.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the way the chrism smelled also! It stuck with him for like a week!

    ReplyDelete